The Galaxy S III may very well be the most hyped phone since the Galaxy Nexus, which we suppose is a win-win for Samsung, and Android really. But with the Galaxy S III expected to launch in the summer in North America, should you be waiting for it, or taking the plunge with our favorite Nexus device instead? Hopefully a little specs comparison will help you decide exactly that.
***What they have in common***
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Super HD AMOLED Screens
- HSPA+ and LTE variants
- Both phones have NFC functionality
- Both have multiple internal storage options
***Where they differ***
- Samsung Galaxy S III boasts a quad core processor; Galaxy Nexus has a dual core
- Galaxy Nexus offers a pure Android install and quicker Android updates straight from Google; Galaxy S III offers new touchwiz interface and exclusive software like S-Voice and S-Beam.
- Galaxy S III offers twice as much RAM at 2GB
- Galaxy Nexus has a 5MP camera while the Galaxy S III offers a 12MP camera
- Galaxy S III offers microSD storage; Galaxy Nexus has internal storage only
At the end of the day, which phone is better suited to you? Discuss in our Galaxy Nexus Forum.