Galaxy Nexus and Android 4.0 showcase
Todays announcement of the new Galaxy Nexus and Android Ice Cream Sandwich surely shocked the world. These are the features of the phone;
Galaxy Nexus Specs
The Galaxy Nexus has a curved, contour glass display, which is believed to help shape the phone in your hand.
The Super AMOLED Plus display is rather large at 4.65 inches with a 1280-by-720-pixel resolution. This is the same display technology we’ve seen on the Galaxy S II series of phones and is significantly bigger then it’s rival the iPhone 4S. Despite its size the Galaxy nexus is relatively thin, boasting an incredible size of 4.29mm it makes for one of the thinnest phones.
The Galaxy Nexus will come in both HSPA+ and LTE flavors. The only confirmed carrier was Japan’s DoCoMo. The Galaxy Nexus is powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, making for one heck of a powerful, fast phone.
The Nexus has both a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera and a 1.3-megapixel camera. According the Samsung, the Galaxy Nexus also has zero shutter lag, meaning there’s no delay between hitting the shutter button and when the photo actually processes.
Other features include Near Field Communication (NFC) as well as a Barometer. At the Google I/O developer conference in May, when Ice Cream was first announced, the company placed a lot of stress on the NFC technology. With it, you can exchange contact information, make mobile payments, play games, and do other tasks.
Galaxy Nexus Specs
- Network: HSPA+ 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
Specifications above may differ on the LTE version.
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Dual-core Processor (OMAP 4460)
- Display: 4.65-inch 1280×720 HD Super AMOLED
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Main (Rear) Camera: 5MP AF with LED Flash with zero shutter lag and fast shot2shot
- Sub (Front) Camera: 1.3MP for Video Call
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro, Light, Proximity, Barometer
- Memory: 1GB RAM + 16/32GB Internal memory
- Size: 135.5 x 67.94 x 8.94 mm, 135g
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-on 1750 mAh.
Pricing for the Galaxy Nexus has yet to be announced but it’s expected to be $299 at a 2 year contract and will be available early November.